Have you ever thought of an idea and just started putting it together and the farther along you got on it the better it looked? The project was turning out just the way you hoped and imagined it would in your head? Well this is one of those projects for me… I was browsing around on Pintrest like usual ( I just can’t stay off that site) and came ac-crossed these awesome Ribbon wrapped sandals called Ssekos.
Instantly I fell in love with them.
They have dozens of different colored ribbon to choose from. You can tie them in all different kinds of ways.
What girl doesn’t love that?
I have a tutorial on how to re~vamp you flip-flops to make your own ribbon sandals just below.
This is one way to tie them.
- Thread ribbon through the two back loops
- place foot into sandal having the ribbon on top of your foot make sure the ribbon is even on both sides
- thread the ribbon from each side through the toe
- tie in a knot
- start wrapping the ribbon from your toes around the ribbon that is on the side of your foot
- cross the ribbons and repeat all the way up your foot
- tie in a knot at the top of the foot
- burn the edges of your ribbon to stop the fraying and either leave the knot exposed or tuck it under
You can also check out this link on how to tie your sandals like Sekos if you need a more detailed explanation.
Another way to wrap your sandals is with a classic tie method:
- threading the ribbon through the toe
- down the sides
- through the loops
- around the front cross to the back
- tie in a cute little bow.
I so hope that makes sense…
I didn’t have any white ribbon so I made some of my own.
I started with some old flip-flops and some double folded bias tape for these little cuties. I stitched the bias tape closed before hand so it would work more like ribbon.
- Cut off the straps from your flip-flops
- turn over and get rid of old strap
- supplies: flip-flops, elastic or elastic hair bands, epoxy 6000, ribbon, & scissors
- Make some loops out of 1/4 in. elastic or elastic hair bands will work too. You will need to double knot them and cut off excess ends
- Place loops through the sandals with the loop end facing up
- Turn over your sandal and fill the holes with your glue. Let dry overnight
- Cut your ribbon of choice 55 in. long. I really like how the 2 in. wide ribbon looks when tied around the foot but you can use what ever ribbon you like.
- Lace your ribbon through your loops as you like and wrap around your foot. Have fun with your design.
I’m so going to have to make several more pair for myself and my girlfriends…
If you missed a thing you can check it out below:
- How to cut your tee
- vintage inspired lace cardigan
- embellished ballerina flats
- blazer bag
- roses and ruffles tee
- pretty patches pants
- Silver sequin sweater
- multi strand necklace tee
- 5 accessories from a T~shirt
- Pants no more! New skirt
- Spring inspired straw tote