|Paired with a tank or a cute t-shirt and some accessories you are styling.|
|Can you tell I love it? I feel so sassy. Summer here I come.
Now I just need to get a tan on them legs.
|Okay I hope the pics are large enough for you to get the idea.
1. Lay out your jeans flat both legs together, one leg on top of the other. Mark with a pen at the knee straight across and cut the bottom half of the leg off.
2. Now you have Bermuda shorts.
3. Take your seam ripper and open up the leg. You want to open the leg at the inner thigh. Up and around the crotch area to the other side.
4. Now you have an open skirt. You will need to take out the stitching up almost to the zipper. Lay the center front flat overlapping the other seam. Repeat on the backside of the skirt.
5. Now lay your skirt flat on your work surface. You are going to need the bottom half of the leg you cut earlier. Cut the leg open staying as close to the seam as possible. Place that flat piece of denim on the inside of your skirt pin in place and top stitch.
6. You can see that here.
7. Same for the back of the skirt.
8. Once the front and back of your skirt are stitched in place I lay it out flat and fold it in half length wise and measure down from the waist band to where I would like my skirt to fall. Me personally I like my skirts to be above the knee or right at the knee. Then cut it.
9. Top stitch around the edge at 1/2 inch in. I like to run another stitch around the edge for more of a professional look. Throw it into the dryer for a few with some towels to get the edge to fray a little bit.
10. Try on your new skirt and your done. I hope my tutorial was helpful enough for you to make one of your own. I have another tutorial here if you need more help.